Ezoic's Ad Tester App allows you to improve your user experience and revenue by using automated testing to find better ad combinations during user sessions. Ezoic's Layout Tester allows publishers to benefit from automated testing of both ad placements and website layout.
Here are the main differences between the two apps:
What is Ezoic Ad Tester?
Ezoic Ad Tester enables publishers to automatically test new ad combinations within their current theme. The page layout does not change. The only thing that changes are the ad sizes and positions on the page.
What is Ezoic Layout Tester?
Ezoic Layout Tester takes testing to the next level by automatically testing new layouts of the exact same content. Users will see new versions of the site -- think different color themes, background colors, number of columns, menu placements, etc-- and Ezoic's system will measure each for user experience and ad revenue. Using the data, the system will find layouts that not only boost revenue, but also improve the time on site, page views per visit, and bounce rate on a per visitor basis.
The layouts are automatically generated by Ezoic's system, so there is no additional work required by the publisher. There is a brief setup period (typically 7-10 days) but this doesn't interfere with the site and there is no downtime during setup. Publishers continue to work on their site as they've always done, the original site is never affected, and should the publisher wish to leave the platform, their site instantly reverts to the original layout. The site's original layout is never affected.
Ad Tester or Layout Tester- which option is right for you?
Even if you've never tried testing or have run experiments on your own, Ad Tester is great way to get your foot in the door for testing. It's easy to setup and is fully automated; once you've created and placed the ad units, all you have to do it turn it on. then, you can go back to focusing on your content while Ezoic's technology finds the best ad combos for your site to increase your ad revenue.
Ad Tester is best for:
- publishers who want to increase ad revenue
- publishers who are attached to their current theme
- publishers who have tried some testing but want to take advantage of an automated system to maximize their efforts
- publishers who have never tested before and want to benefit from testing
- publishers who want to see what testing is all about before using the full site optimization
- if you decide you want to take testing to the next level to even further improve revenue and user experience metrics, Ezoic's Layout Tester is the tool for you.
Layout Tester is best for:
- publishers who want to maximize and improve user experience metrics
- publishers who want a fully automated solution to layout optimization
- publishers that are analytic and data-driven; rather than aesthetically motivated
Either way, Ezoic's suite features is a great way to benefit from testing. As a publisher, you are in complete control of your site at all times.
If you have any questions regarding your site's performance or on any of the features listed above, please do not hesitate to reach out to your account manager or email@example.com.