PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE INSTRUCTIONS ARE FOR DOMAINS REGISTERED AT HOSTGATOR. NOT FOR DOMAINS ONLY HOSTED WITH THEM.
To change the name servers for HostGator domain:
- Go tohttps://portal.hostgator.com/domain/manage
- Log in with your billing account email and password to access any domains attached to that billing account. (This will be the same login as https://portal.hostgator.com/.) Once logged in, you will see any domains attached to the billing account along with basic information about each domain.
- Click on the desired domain name to get to the Domain Overview which will show more details about the selected domain and provide access to several other functions.
- Click the Name Servers tab from the left-hand menu.
- On the Name Servers page, you can edit the name servers which the domain will point to. There is also a drop-down box that will automatically point the domain to any active packages on the account.
- Once you have entered your name servers, click Save Name Servers to save your changes. Please remember that name server changes can take 24 to 48 hours to propagate.
- If you want to use managed DNS with your domain, the name servers for the domain must be set to the following: