The Ad Tester tool allows you to easily and effectively test thousands of ad combinations on your site. You simply set the parameters (size and location) by adding placeholders to your site.
The placeholders represent potential ad placements that the system can test.
Once you begin testing, Ezoic's system will automatically test different combinations of the placeholders to identify the ad combinations that earn you the most.
Because these placeholders are just representative of possible ad locations, you can add as many as you like per page. We recommend adding at least 8-10 per page.
How to create placeholders
Navigate to the Ad Tester dashboard in your Ezoic account. Click the 'add new display ad unit' button to create a new placeholder.
Create Ad Placeholder
- Select the position type for the placeholder. It's important that you include at least one placeholder for each position type on the page. More info here.
- Name the placeholder something unique.
- Use the device toggles to specify which screensizes the ad should appear on. You can create a single placeholder for all three device types.
- Select the sizes you want to test for each ad unit. We recommend selecting as many ad sizes as possible, given that all the sizes fit in the location of the unit on your site. This will give the system more options to test.
- We have highlighted the recommended ad sizes for each device in green. The ad will only show on the device that is toggled to green!
It's important to include as many sizes that fit in the location of the placeholder on your site.
A particular ad size will only show on a specific device if:
- The device is toggled 'on'
- The ad size is checked
- The device icon next to the ad size is green
Copy Ad Code and Place On Your Site
Click the 'Create Ad Unit' button. Simply copy and paste the ad code into the location you want the ad displayed on your site.
Now that you've created an ad unit, you know how it's done. Repeat the process until you have at least 8-10 placeholders per page.
Alternatively, you can use the Chrome Extension to add placeholders to the site.