- What is the 'Ezoic review'
- How to make sure the review period is not paused or interrupted
1. What is the ‘Ezoic review’
Reviews for sites under the Access Now programme generally take around three business days but make take longer - up to two weeks - for sites with less traffic. The review enables the Ezoic Onboarding Team to ensure your site meets Ezoic’s platform quality standards, in regard to content and traffic (Note that reviews can take longer than ten working days during busy or holiday periods).
If your review is taking longer than you are expecting, contact the Onboarding Team via the Ezoic Community (Remember you must be logged into your Ezoic account to access the Ezoic Community).
Correspondence regarding the outcome of your review can be found via email as well as your Ezoic dashboard. If the status of the review is ‘approved’ you will gain access to Ezoic monetization features. If the status is ‘not approved’ you will not have access to Ezoic monetization features.
Reviews can only take place once a site is integrated with Ezoic, please ensure that your site is fully integrated so that the team can begin the review process.
2. How to ensure the review period is not paused or interrupted
To make sure your review period is as short as possible, there are a couple of things you must do:
- Assure that you do not have any copy/paste blockers enabled. The Ezoic Onboarding Team considers content to be ‘locked’ when this is enabled, which prevents them from analysing the quality of the content.
- Make sure there are no errors on the site. Origin errors (such as 520, 521 etc.) also prevent the Ezoic Onboarding Team from completing their review. If you do notice an origin error, follow the attached guide to assure your review is not prolonged: https://support.ezoic.com/kb/article/how-to-fix-origin-errors
- ‘I was approved by AdSense, do I still need to be reviewed by Ezoic?’ - Regardless of a site's status in AdSense, Ezoic will complete a separate review.
- "I was approved by Google Ad Manager, do I still need to be reviewed by Ezoic'" - Yes, your site is still required to be approved by Ezoic, even if you are approved by Ad Manager.
- ‘I have not been granted access to Ezoic’s monetization features, what can I do?’ - In certain circumstances, the Ezoic team does allow sites to be rereviewed. You should check your dashboard to see whether your site is eligible for rereview.
- ‘I have been approved by Ezoic but denied by Google Ad Manager, what can I do?’ - You need to be approved by both Ezoic and Google Ad Manager (MCM) in order to monetize your site with Ezoic. If you are disapproved by Google, you should see the reason why under the ‘Connect to Google’ step. If there is no reason, you can ask our Onboarding team via the Ezoic Community.