Ezoic Site Speed Features
When you integrate with Ezoic you automatically update your site to run all of Google's site speed recommendations. This applies to any traffic which you choose to send to the Ezoic system and includes:
- World Wide CDN - Ezoic serves all of your static content (e.g. images, CSS) from a world-wide CDN. Just install the 'Caching' app in your Ezoic App Store to take advantage of this.
- Amazon's Cloud Services - Ezoic uses latency based routing to send each individual visitor to your site to one of four world-wide data centers that will show them the site the fastest.
- Asynchronous Loading - (aka 'lazy loading') - Ezoic staggers the loading of resources on the side in order to make sure the content gets to your readers as fast as possible. This means that the content is loaded with priority, then images, ads, then other resources which are not necessary for your readers.
- Combining Resources - Ezoic combines external resources on your site into single requests to reduce latency.
- Compressing Resources- your site's external resources like images and CSS files are compressed to decrease their file size and help speed up load times.
- CloudFlare- as an official CloudFlare partner, Ezoic can offer you free access to their industry leading site speed and security features. You can access these by installing the CloudFlare app in your Ezoic App Store.
Site Speed and Lazy Loading
Ezoic works as a proxy, serving much of your content via a cache and uses lazy loading which priorities the essential elements that don't affect user experience and loads them in the background. This is recommended by Google.
Unfortunately, many online speed tests are more interested in the time it takes to load all of the elements on the page. When you're doing lazy loading, it can take some elements (such as ads or files not important to the user) longer to load which drags down the speed score of the site. However, the actual experience for users is very fast, and this is what search engines like Google are actually measuring.
So although your site score is lower on some tools, it's actually rendering faster and giving your user a better experience, which reflects in real user engagement metrics.
Help and Advice
If you’d like specific recommendations on Ezoic’s apps to improve your site speed, feel free to reach out to your account representative or firstname.lastname@example.org.