Have questions not answered below? Don't hesitate to reach out to your account manager or our Support team via this link:
If you are using any plugins which work by injecting script to insert ads on your original setup, you can use the Script Remover App to remove these ads on Ezoic versions of the site, to avoid diluting the testing results.
* For all other existing ads on your original setup, you should be able to wrap these with Ezoic code, so that you can include them in testing on Ezoic versions. This means that our A.I knows they are there, and can account for them in ad placement on Ezoic versions and reporting. Click here for more info.
How do I Setup the Script Remover App?
1. Download the app from the app store in your Ezoic dashboard:
2. Click “Add to Removed Scripts”
3. Give the script a name - this is something that you can recognise it by
4. Add a regex to uniquely identify the script. A Regular Expression, or Regex, is a special text string for describing a search pattern. The Script Regex will look for the pattern that is submitted and remove any tag containing that pattern. E.g if you wanted to remove any scripts containing "yellow" from your site, then an example of the regex you would submit to remove it would be the following:
Script Name = Yellow, Script Regex = yellow
Both of these example scripts would then be removed from your site:
<script src="https://yellow.com"></script>, <script
You can also make more dynamic patterns:
If Script Regex = green/[abc] any script containing green/a, green/b or green/c will be removed. But a script containing green/f, would stay
There are many more examples that you can reference and test out at regex101.com
Make sure you place the scripts that you wish to remove inside of Test String, then enter your Script Regex in Regular Expression. If there is a match, then it will be removed.
One way to find the script is to:
- Right click and inspect the element on your website - this will bring up the ad code in Chrome Developer Tools.
- Search for the URL of the network or the Content Delivery Network.
- Look for something succinct which uniquely identifies that particular code.
* Please note - do not add common expressions as this may tell our system to remove other parts of the page on Ezoic versions.
Feel free to contact your account manager and ask them to check this script has been removed correctly on Ezoic versions.
* It can take approximately an hour after adding the script to the app before you’ll see changes on the site.
If the ad is not removed correctly, try:
- Clearing cache and cookies
- Amending the unique identifier in the “regex” field
What if there are scripts I want to keep?
You can also request to keep default removed scripts and read removed scripts within the app by clicking “keep” next to each script: