This guide will go over how to display videos from your Humix Studio and the video network onto your website.
What does "Video Locations" mean?
Video Locations is how Humix associates where on a page you want to insert your videos, the settings associated with the location, the videos or playlists you want to appear in that location, as well as the different URLs you want to display the video on.
From the Site menu, click the "Video Locations" tab to create or manage the placement for uploaded videos to be displayed on your pages. You have the flexibility to add a video player location, change the size or location of an existing video embed, replace one video with another, and enable/modify auto-select settings.
How do I add my video to my page?
There are three different methods you can use to display videos on your website:
- Method 1: Use the Chrome Extension from your browser (Ezoic Chrome Extension)
- Navigate to the page on your website where you want to add your video, then activate the Chrome Extension and select the "Humix" tab then "Create Video". Then click on your page in the approximate location you'd like to add a video embed. You will be able to make minor tweaks to get the placement just right within your content. From there, click the "Insert Here" button which will open a prompt for you to select the video you want, as well as any settings you want to set for how the video will appear on your page. When you're done, click the "Save Embed" button at the bottom of the popup.
Note: if you select Apply to URL Directory, it may take a little while for the videos to appear on all the pages in the directory due to caching.
- Method 2: Use the Define New Video Location & Assign Video to Page from your Humix dashboard
- While on the Site menu of your Humix dashboard, click the "Video Locations" tab then "Define New Video Location" to be taken through a 4-step process to set a new location for video(s) to appear on your site.
- Then, click "Assign Video to Page" to select the location, video, and associated settings.
- Method 3: Insert HTML code directly to your pages (Advanced)
- If you have some experience with HTML code, you can directly insert a video on your website using the code element. Copy the code to your clipboard to paste into the HTML on your website. If you assigned the video to a URL Directory, you’ll have to add the element to all the pages in that URL Directory you want the video to appear on. Or, if you are using a MetaTag for the location type, you’ll have to add the element to all of the pages you want the video to appear on, as well as the element on all of those pages where you want your video to appear. Once you’ve added the code to your pages, the video should begin appearing.
What are the settings for Video Locations?
- ID: is an assigned number to identify the location.
- Location Identifier: is a short name you assign to help identify its placement, such as “after 3rd paragraph”
- Video Selection: is the assigned video or playlist
- Video Header Type: gives you three options for adding a caption to the video
- Video Player Dimensions: set width and height (in pixels) for how your video will appear on your page or choose from common dimensions from a dropdown menu. Note: videos are automatically resized if there is not enough space.
- Embed Permissions: toggling on means you allow the AI to auto-select a video that best matches your content and determines the best placement of videos on your page which can lead to increased revenue generation. Note: you will be asked for specific video settings when enabled to make sure videos will always appear how you want them to.
- Autostart: your video will automatically start when it is in view so you can generate video revenue more quickly. Note: if autostart is enabled, the video will start muted per Google Ad Manager guidelines
- Loop: your video will restart after it finishes playing so you can continue to generate video ad revenue when your video is in view
- Ads: select from preroll (shown before video starts), midroll (shown at various times during), and postroll (shown after video finishes) ad types, or enable automatic video ads which will determine what is best for your visitor
- Device Type: choose which device types you’d like a video to display on its assigned page(s). Note: this is only available for URL and URL Directory location types.
- Video Floating: enable floating by device, enable float after viewing, or enable automatic which will determine what is best for your visitor
Once you’ve customized your video settings, you can hit the “Next” button to proceed.
How do I set up which video I want to display?
The Select Location & Video step is what determines which video gets displayed and which webpage(s) the video is on.
First, select a location type:
- URL - enter the desired URL where you want your video to appear
- URL Directory - enter the desired URL Directory where you want your video to appear. Note: if you are adding the element manually you will need to add the element to all pages under the directory where you want the assigned video to appear.
- MetaTag - enter a single MetaTag keyword to associate with the video assignment. If you choose this option, you are provided with the HTML element to add to your pages so the correct video assigned gets inserted.
Second, select a video or playlist:
- Auto Select - a relevant video from your Studio will be selected to play
- Select a Video or Playlist - choose a video or playlist from your Studio to assign to this location
Once you’ve figured out which video you want to display and where you want to display the video, you can go to the next step. Note: you cannot advance to step 3 until both a valid location type is entered and a video assignment has been made.