© 2020 Ezoic Inc.
The Site Speed Accelerator is a tool that allows you to make your website extremely fast for visitors and page speed tools by using a simple interface.
It can be used by navigating to the "Speed" tab in your publisher dashboard.
The Accelerator allows you to quickly test and implement advanced site speed optimizations on your site. This allows you to quickly see what site speed adjustments are able to produce the best user experiences, page speed scores, and other related goals.
Quick facts about The Site Speed Accelerator:
Site Speed Accelerator Pricing
The 7-day free trial provided does not require a payment method to start
There are 3 integration methods that can be used to access the Site Speed Accelerator
Name server or Cloudflare integration options are recommended for almost all sites.
All sites should be prompted to integrate upon signing up to use The Site Speed Accelerator. Integrating via Cloudflare or WordPress plugin should provide almost instant integration and access to the full features of the Site Speed Accelerator.
Watch videos of integration with Name Server Integration and WordPress Plugins below...
NOTE: If you've completed Name Server integration, it can take up to 18 hours for DNS records to propagate so that sites can leverage The Site Speed Accelerator.
- There's no way to make this happen faster; however, you can finish configuring the tool and Ezoic will notify you via email once Name Servers are propagated and integration is fully-complete
Note: Wordpress integration provides a slightly slower score and visitor experience due to the nature of the CMS. Name server integration offers faster speed.
Setting Up The Site Speed Accelerator
The detailed walk-through can be viewed in the video below...
Technical Functions and Features Explained...
We currently offer 11 different functionalities (and will be adding more over time):
Remove Unused CSS: Removes any CSS that is not used by the current page and serves a minified version of the CSS that is unused resulting in smaller page sizes and faster loading.
Remove Unused CSS by Page: Removes any CSS classes that are not used on each individual URL, and serves a minified version of the CSS that is used on that URL. (Remove Unused CSS function must be enabled to also use this function).
WARNING: While this should increase your site speed score, this may cause your site to be slower for actual users if most pages use the same set of CSS. This happens because the user has to download a new file for each page that they visit.
1. Lazy Loading of Images: helps your site load faster by only loading images when the user will actually see them. The images lower on the page load as the user scrolls down. The only images that will load immediately are those shown on the first screen, not the images lower on the page. (This feature is required to be turned on when using Next-Gen Formats and Resize Images features)
2. Next-Gen Formats: In supported browsers, this feature will serve images in WebP format - a new image format designed to have a smaller file size
3. Resize Images: Automatically resizes images on your page based on the user's screen size to minimize transfer times while maintaining image quality.
Efficient Static Cache Policy
This feature tells the browser to cache your static assets which can increase your site's speed because the user doesn't have to download those assets more than once. This feature will set the caching header on your assets to an appropriate length of time. The available static assets that can be cached are:
You can also set certain static cache URL rules as follows:
Pre-connect Origins: Parses your page to identify other domains you are requesting assets from. It then adds tags to tell the browser to pre-connect to those domains to speed up loading of those assets.
1. Minify HTML: Remove unnecessary whitespace, attributes comments and characters from the HTML to minimize page size, reducing the time to send the page to the user.
2. Keep IE Conditional Comments: Preserve IE conditional comments in the HTML.
3. Keep Default Attribute Values: Preserve default attributes for tag.
4. Keep End Tags: Preserve end tags.
6. Keep Whitespace: Preserve whitespace between inline tags but still collapse multiple whitespace characters into a single whitespace character.
You can also set script delay URL rules as follows. If you want to exclude certain URLs from script delay you can do this using 'no defer' parameters in your code. Here's some info on how to implement them:
You then need to click this button:
And then the check box:
2. Ad Delay: Delays the loading and execution of ads until the primary content has loaded.
You can also set lazy load iframe URL rules.
With these features, your users will be able to interact with your pages significantly faster, while less essential elements load in the background. To implement, you should load up the Accelerator and generate a version.
You can make a new version by clicking “create version” and naming it. You can create as many versions as you like.
Versions let you try different combinations of features to find the one that both performs the best and fits your content and layout. There are different actions you can perform with the versions you have created that are listed under “Actions”: Edit Version, Clone Version, Clear Preview Version and Archive Version.
You can also clone a version you’ve created in order to test different variations of the version you’re deciding on. For example, if you wanted to try out what effect the render critical CSS version would have in conflation with the lazy load images you could clone the CSS version and add the lazy load images function to it and test both together.
You can also preview a version you have created before you activate the version. Click "Preview" to preview the version and "Activate" to activate the version:
Before activating a version, you can preview it (under actions) to review the changes on your site. You can also perform a site speed score test on a preview version. It is highly recommended that you preview any version before setting it live.
Note: When you are looking at a previewed version, you are cookied in. You will need to click "Clear Preview Version" once you are done in order to look at the original site.
To finally activate a version, simply click on the version you'd like to activate and click "Activate".
If you decide you no longer want to use our Site Speed Accelerator on your site, please make sure that you cancel your subscription before turning the Site Speed Accelerator off in your Dashboard.