A nameserver is a computer server that tells web browsers (like Chrome, Safari and Firefox) the location of your content so it can load the pages for people visiting your site.
A useful way to think about it is to think of nameservers as a phone number of where the content is located - and that browsers need to know that 'phone number' so they can 'dial' for the content (at the host) and load the page. This all happens in a split second.
When someone says they are 'changing their nameservers', they normally mean that they are changing their nameserver address. When you update your nameservers to Ezoic, the Ezoic nameservers deliver the address of the content, and Ezoic serves the files to the browser. This is how Ezoic can deliver the new page layouts without changing your original content.
You can change your nameservers wherever you keep your domain registered (GoDaddy, Register.com, Enom, Tucows, etc)
CDN stands for Content Delivery Network or Content Distribution Network. It is a proxy service which uses a large distributed system of servers deployed in multiple data centres across the Internet. The main reason for using a CDN is to build up redundancy in your site - which means lowered loads on your servers and a quicker loading site for your users. Ezoic uses Amazon Cloudfront CDN.
You are able to integrate by connecting your site to Ezoic's CDN- this is achieved through changing your name servers.The server and content itself remains unchanged. Changing the addresses simply allows Ezoic to sit in between your site and your users like a proxy.
Connecting to Ezoic's CDN by pointing nameservers is the easiest way - technically - for Ezoic to be able to serve new experimental ad configurations while you retain complete control over your site.This is because Ezoic works as a proxy between your user and your host. So, when a user goes to your site, Ezoic will get the content from your host and return it to your user. This means your content will still be loaded from your current hosting and you can continue updating and editing your content as you've always done. If you wish to stop using Ezoic, you can change them back at any time and we will not have access to loading your site’s content and ads.
1. It's free! Joining Ezoic and using Ezoic's nameservers is totally free and is likely to earn you more revenue - it's truly a win-win scenario!
2. It gives you access to loads of extra benefits and features for free. You'll gain access to:
3. You keep total control. An important point to remember is that changing nameservers is not the same as changing your hosting. You can always change your nameservers back at any time, you retain ultimate control over whether you keep the service, you can remove integration at any point and with immediate effect.
4. You can test whilst making no changes to your original setup which means it's super easy to get started, we could even have you up and running in the same day!
5. You will continue to update your content as normal. Ezoic has no influence over your content creation and you can continue to update your content as you normally would, without change.